Photo: Pexels.com During 2018, the three largest destinations in the European Union, in terms of the volume of arrivals of Chinese tourists, were the United Kingdom (+ 2,4%), Germany (+ 2,6%) and France (+ 7,7%). The three countries with the largest expansion were Croatia (+ 45,7%), Estonia (35,8%) and Hungary (+ 25,1%). More attached. Minister Shugang also stressed the importance of civilized tourism. “On the one hand, measures should be taken to guarantee the safety of tourists, but on the other hand, we must also advocate the civilized behavior of Chinese tourists, which would present the Chinese image and civilization in a positive light.” He also stressed the need to further modernize the infrastructure at tourist destinations, as well as improve the quality of reception and services, in order to make the travel environment as pleasant and comfortable as possible for tourists. He said that despite the fact that it would take another two years to address the shortage of toilets, the “toilet revolution” in the country has made steady progress over the past four years with the construction and renovation of 35 tourist toilets by the end of last year. Luo Shugang, China’s culture and tourism minister, said China has become the world’s largest source of tourists. Namely, the Chinese’s foreign travels reached the figure of 150 million in 2018, reports Travel and Tour World. CHINESE TOURISTS EXPECT TRADITIONAL CUISINE, NATURE PARKS AND CULTURAL AND HISTORICAL MONUMENTS FROM CROATIA JOANNE CHAN, IPPWORLD: THE AUTHENTIC EXPERIENCE IS MOST IMPORTANT TO CHINESE TOURISTS. THEY WANT TO SEE HOW LOCAL PEOPLE LIVE, WORK AND HAVE FUN CHINESE TOURISTS SPEND THE MOST ON HOLIDAYS RELATED NEWS: EUROPE IS STILL A FAVORITE DESTINATION FOR CHINESE TOURISTS Speaking about the “toilet revolution”, a campaign launched in 2015 to increase the number of toilets in tourist locations, Shugang said toilets, as well as sanitation, should be improved at major tourist attractions. EUROPE IS STILL A FAVORITE DESTINATION FOR CHINESE TOURISTS
QPR striker Loic Remy’s proposed move to Liverpool is off after the Reds pulled out due to concerns over the player’s medical, Press Association Sport understands. Remy, 27, scored 14 goals in the Barclays Premier League last season for Newcastle while on a season-long loan from QPR and subsequently played for his country at the World Cup. He has been with the R’s since January 2013, netting six goals in 14 appearances for them. He was expected to become what would have been Liverpool’s fifth new signing of the summer, with them having already recruited Rickie Lambert, Adam Lallana, Emre Can and Lazar Markovic. It emerged on Friday that Lallana could miss the start of the new season after he injured a knee in training in Boston. The 26-year-old England midfielder, who joined the Reds from Southampton earlier this month, sustained a knock to his lateral collateral ligament. Press Association Remy has this week been with the Merseysiders in Boston, where they are on a pre-season tour, ahead of what was expected to be the completion of a deal reports suggested would be for around £8million. With personal terms understood to have been agreed, it was initially thought that problems with paperwork had caused a delay to the transfer being sealed, but it now appears it will not go through at all because of Liverpool’s worries relating to the France international’s physical condition.