Spotted: New ULCV Joins COSCO Shipping

first_imgImage Courtesy: Hudong-ZhonghuaHudong-Zhonghua Shipbuilding, part of China State Shipbuilding Corporation (CSSC), has delivered COSCO Shipping Alps, a 14,500 TEU containership, to compatriot COSCO Shipping Lines. As informed, the newbuilding was delivered 56 days in advance on January 3, 2018.COSCO Shipping Alps, which features a length of 366 meters and a width of 51.2 meters, is said to be more environmentally friendly when compared to ships of the same type.The newly built containership has a market value of USD 87.09 million, according to data provided by VesselsValue.The shipbuilder said that COSCO Shipping Alps is the third 14,500 TEU boxship delivered to COSCO so far.Its sister vessels, COSCO Shipping Himalayas and COSCO Shipping Kilimanjaro, were handed over to COSCO in July and December 2017, respectively.World Maritime News Stafflast_img read more

Update: Stave out indefinitely but not injured

first_imgThe Wisconsin football quarterback situation took another confusing turn Monday afternoon following practice, with Joel Stave remaining out indefinitely, but not because of an injury as head coach Gary Andersen had said earlier in the day. Monday morning, Andersen said Stave would miss an undisclosed amount of time with a throwing shoulder injury.Stave shut down indefinitely Update: Badgers head coach Gary Andersen told reporters after this story was published that Stave is still out indefinitely, but Read…But Andersen met with reporters in the afternoon to clear up his earlier comments. Andersen, for example, said the word “injury” was not the proper word in the statement earlier that day.“Joel is at practice. He’s at meetings. He’s in all the scenarios, as far as that stuff goes. But as far as game-prepping at this point, that’s where Joel is not with us completely 100 percent, all the time,” Andersen told reporters. “He’s at practice all the time. I don’t want to say he’s not practicing, he’s not with us because that’s not the case. When Joel feels that he can do that, he’ll be right back in that process.”The second-year head coach also made it clear that there is nothing wrong with the throwing shoulder that Stave injured in the Capital One Bowl in January.“There’s been no re-injury for Joel whatsoever,” Andersen said. “Is he injured? No. Is he ready to play right now? No.“It’s not an injury as far as him feeling like he re-hurt it, or he’s struggling or it’s a shoulder scenario. It’s him just working through getting in a position to be able to get into the game and play in a game for us.”After Andersen spoke to the media, Stave also did his best to clear up the confusion about the situation.“Physically, nothing is wrong,” Stave said. “I just haven’t thrown the ball the way I’d like to.”Despite nothing being physically wrong, Andersen said in his teleconference this morning that Stave hasn’t looked his usual self since the middle part of August. It’s hard to tell what the case might be with Stave, but tonight’s updates probably won’t be the last of it. However, Stave said the development has been more recent than that.“I’ve noticed in this past week I haven’t really thrown it the way that I’m used to or the way that’d I’d like to,” Stave said. “That’s when you start to think a little bit. You just got to get back to relax and play the game like you know you can.A report earlier in the afternoon by ESPN claimed that Stave could potentially miss the rest of the season. But when he met with the media this afternoon, Stave said he could play this weekend against Western Illinois if he had to.last_img read more

Badgers head to Mankato to take on struggling Mavericks

first_imgAfter a late season nonconference series, the Wisconsin women’s hockey team heads on the road to face struggling Minnesota State, who still has yet to record a conference win.Badgers’ freshman forward Annie Pankowski, who notched her second career hat trick this past weekend against Clarkson, will face the team that gave her the first one. Pankowski led the Badgers (19-4-3 overall, 14-4-2 WCHA) with four goals in the previous series against the Mavericks in mid-November.The Badgers outscored Minnesota State (2-21-1, 0-17-1) 16-2 in their last series at LaBahn Arena and want to continue to improve down the final stretch.“Now you have eight games left, and the main thing is to maintain what you’ve done the past three weeks and try to make some improvements in some areas where you need to improve and get yourselves ready for the playoffs,” Wisconsin head coach Mark Johnson said.Despite Minnesota State having a difficult season, Wisconsin cannot take them lightly.“I think if we start to worry about the opponent and what they are doing, or worrying about individual play, that could throw us off,” sophomore Sydney McKibbon said. “But if we stick to our game, we will be fine.”The familiarity of playing a conference opponent again helps the Badgers come out confident and strong.“We obviously know them better because we played them before and we know their style,” freshman Maddie Rolfes said. “We know what to expect, so we can go in harder and not timid because we know how they play.”A winless conference season thus far could make the Mavericks come out fired-up for the third-ranked Badgers, but Wisconsin will try not to let an upset-minded team throw them off.“Focusing on ourselves and looking at them as if we are playing Minnesota or Clarkson, or anyone else,” McKibbon said. “They are no different and we have to come out ready to play Friday night.”This last stretch of games, no matter who the opponent, will be vital in getting the Badgers prepared for a potential playoff run. For Wisconsin the goal is to win all of the games, but the most important aspect is improving in all areas to make a complete team.The puck drops at 7 p.m. Friday night for the series opener in Mankato, and 3 p.m. Saturday to close out the series.last_img read more

Imperfect 10: Bundesliga confirms 10 players positive for Covid-19

first_imgImage Courtesy: ESPNAdvertisement 5z6hNBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs82dr0jdWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre E8wmz( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) nflWould you ever consider trying this?😱5cfyCan your students do this? 🌚nw0gpRoller skating! Powered by Firework While football was one of the major sports that was halted due to the novel Coronavirus pandemic, a number of European football leagues such as the French Ligue 1 and the Dutch Eredivise had already decided to cancel the ongoing season. However, Bundesliga had faced an ‘infinite suspension’ of its 2019-20 season, and after positive COVID-19 cases from FC Cologne emerged, the German Football Association (DFL) had decided to carry out a number of tests. Now, a total of ten players from both the first and second division of the German top flight have tested positive.Advertisement Image Courtesy: ESPNPrior to a complete restart of training, a total of 1700 players and staffs from 36 Bundesliga and 2. Bundesliga clubs were tested, but DFL has decided to keep their identities disclosed.“The tests carried out over the past few days have served their purpose of providing additional security and thus protecting players from infection during team training or matches,” DFL said in a statement.Advertisement “The appropriate measures, for example the isolation of the affected persons, were taken immediately by the respective clubs in accordance with the specifications of the local health authorities,” the statement added, “the overriding goal is to ensure maximum prevention on the basis of detailed distance and hygiene measures and permanent monitoring,” The DFL also stated that another round of test will be conducted in the coming week, as there are chances of positive cases that may have been isolated.Advertisement Back on 13th march, Bundesliga was first suspended until April 2nd, which was later extended to 30th. However, while normalcy hasn’t returned in Germany and even behind closed door matches can be a potential hazard for the players, the German government has decided to release a statement on Wednesday regarding the any further decision regarding postponement or resumption of the sport in the country.Bayern are currently seating at the top of the league table with 55 points from 25 games, four points ahead of Borussia Dortmund.More than 166,000 positive cases have been confirmed in Germany till date, and the death toll has risen to 6,909.If you like reading about MMA, make sure you check out MMAIndia.com Also follow India’s biggest arm wrestling tournament at ProPanja.comAlso read-Sachin vs Dravid: who is the toughest Indian batsman Shoaib Akhtar has ever faced?Sony Pictures Sports Network launches ‘The Blue Revolution’ that revisits the Indian cricket team’s victorious campaign of the 1985 B&H World Championship of Cricket Advertisementlast_img read more

9yearold Pune boy scales Mt Kilimanjaro in just 7 Days Sets his

first_img[Representational Image]ReutersIn just seven days, nine-year-old Advait Bhartia managed to trek Mount Kilimanjaro in Africa. The expediditon ended on July 31.The mountain is 4,900 metres from the base and 5,885 metres above sea level. It is situated in Tanzania and is the highest peak in Africa.But, that’s not all.At the age of six, Advait scaled the Mount Everest base camp and after his feat at Mt. Kilimanjaro, he has set his sights on Mt Elbrus in Europe.Advait trained for two months every day continuously to prepare for his trek. His training included playing football, cricket and tennis as well as parkour and climbing 100 floors. This was part of his daily routine.This training was to include his cardio-vascular strength. He was to trek in temperatures ranging from 21 C to -25 C.Advait went with his mother on the trek but she had to stop at 1000 feet because she couldn’t handle the climate, however, Advait carried on under the supervision of the expedition leader, Samir Patham.Talking to PTI, Advait said, “This trek was really difficult but fun at the same time. When I was summitting (sic) the Everest Base Camp, we were living in wooden houses but during the Kilimanjaro trek, we stayed in tents and it was a good experience being exposed to snow and the surroundings.”He added, “I could have completed the trek faster but the mountains were very beautiful and I took a lot of breaks to take in the beauty.”last_img read more

Porn star files suit against Trump

first_imgThis combination of file pictures created on 14 February 2018 shows US president Donald Trump speaking during a meeting with bipartisan members of Congress on infrastructure in the Cabinet Room of the White House on 14 February 14, 2018 in Washington, DC; and adult film actress and director Stormy Daniels as she hosts a Super Bowl party at Sapphire Las Vegas Gentlemen`s Club in Las Vegas, Nevada, on 4 February 2018. AFPThe lawyer for porn star Stormy Daniels said Wednesday that she had a sexual relationship with Donald Trump and wants to nullify a “hush agreement” so the public can decide “who’s telling the truth.”Los Angeles lawyer Michael Avenatti filed a lawsuit on behalf of Daniels on Tuesday seeking to toss out the confidential settlement she signed just days before the November 2016 election.Avenatti made the rounds of the morning talk shows on Wednesday to explain the legal move by Daniels, whose real name is Stephanie Clifford.Asked on NBC’s “Today” show if Daniels had a sexual relationship with Trump, Avenatti immediately replied “Yes.”“She believes it’s important that the public learn the truth about what happened,” he said. “I think it’s time for her to tell her story and for the public to decide who’s telling the truth.”White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders was asked about the allegations at the daily press briefing and noted that Trump has denied them.“The president has denied the allegations against him,” Sanders told reporters.“The president has addressed these directly and made very well clear that none of these allegations are true,” Sanders said. “Anything beyond that I would refer you to the president’s outside counsel.”As part of the lawsuit filed with a California court seeking to declare the non-disclosure agreement null and void, Avenatti released a copy of the settlement.It shows that Daniels received a $130,000 payment from a company known as Essential Consultants LLC in return for her silence.Peggy Peterson and David DennisonUsing the pseudonyms Peggy Peterson and David Dennison, Daniels and Trump were to sign the agreement, along with Essential Consultants.But Trump never signed it, providing the basis for Avenatti’s attempt to have it thrown out and release Daniels from her obligations.“It’s our position that the entire agreement is null and void because he did not sign it,” the lawyer told the “Today” show.He said Daniels would return the $130,000 if need be.“I think she may have to and she’s prepared to do that,” Avenatti said.The lawsuit alleges that Daniels began an “intimate relationship” with Trump in the summer of 2006 and that it continued well into 2007.After Trump won the Republican Party nomination for president in 2016, Daniels sought to share details of their relationship with the media, it said.Trump’s attorney Michael Cohen “aggressively” sought to “silence Ms Clifford as part of an effort to avoid her telling the truth, thus helping to ensure he won the presidential election,” the document says.On October 28, 2016 — two weeks before the November 8 presidential election-Daniels and Essential Consultants signed the confidential settlement agreement but not Trump.Cohen claimed last month he had paid Daniels $130,000 from his personal funds but declined to explain why he made the payment or if Trump was aware of it.Avenatti said Wednesday he was convinced Trump was aware of the payment.“There’s no question the president knew about it at the time,” he said.“The idea that an attorney would go off on his own without his client’s knowledge and engage in this type of negotiation and enter into this type of agreement quite honestly I think is ludicrous,” he said.Cohen’s comments came after the watchdog group Common Cause filed a federal complaint in January arguing that the payout may have violated campaign finance rules.last_img