The Besta qualifiers is an annual tournament that is run in the Momase region to identify the top male and female member associations to represent Momase in the Besta PNG Football Association (PNGFA) Member Associations finals in Lae in November this year.The qualifiers will be be held in Madang at Laiwaden oval from August, 10-14.The Local Organising Committee (LOC) is putting together plans for the tournament with a fundraising drive to host the tournament. Chairman of the LOC, John Marapal said he will be writing to the Madang Governor Jim Kas to support the tournament. “As hosts of the tournament we are excited about the prospect of hosting the event. We know that soccer plays an important role in reducing social issues in the community but more so it exposes raw talent,” said Marapal. Marapal also called on participants to contact him and his organising committee to register their interest in participating in the tournament. Interested teams can contact John Marapal on 72160785 or email him on email@example.com or Siegfried Beschel on email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHILE there may be a shortage of grandstand tickets for Saturday for the Inter-Secondary School Sports Association-GraceKennedy Boys & Girls’ Athletics Championships, ISSA President Dr Walton Small has reiterated that there are more than enough for every other day of the event held inside the National Stadium.”ISSA has no issue with tickets, except for Saturday. We have ample tickets for Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. We have ample tickets for the bleachers, and we encourage people to use the bleachers,” Small told The Gleaner following Friday evening’s RJR Sports Foundation Sportsman and Sportswoman of the Year Awards at The Jamaica Pegasus hotel.Small was responding to queries based on the complaints by a trio of old boys’ associations from Calabar High School, Jamaica College and Kingston College, known by the moniker ‘Three the Hard Way’.David Miller, president of the Calabar Old Boys’ Association; Dr Patrick Dallas, president of the Kingston College Old Boys’ Association; and Collin Greenland, treasurer of the Jamaica College Old Boys’ Association, said they had concerns about the distribution of tickets for Champs last year.”There appears to be no structural way of dealing with tickets. Why should we, who spend $20 million per year preparing for Champs, be given the same number of tickets … . Why should (a school) who have no investment have the same talk,” said Miller.”We are not saying that we should get all of it. What we are saying is that what happened last year, something was not transparent about the allocation of tickets,” Dr Dallas added.The group said their organisation wanted more Champs tickets, but an email sent to Dr Small, requesting a meeting, had been met with a brusque reply that their concerns be directed to ISSA via the principals of their respective schools.”We feel disrespected because we didn’t get an audience. We don’t believe that we should go through our principals. We are an alumni association … not a sixth-form association,” said Dr Dallas.Dr Small said there was no intent to be disrespectful.”It’s unfortunate that they view it that way. We (ISSA) cater to a variety of organisations and if every organisation demands that they want to meet with us, you can see what would happen. The structure at ISSA – once it’s coming from schools – we refer everything through the principals. It does not matter what it is,” he said.The Old Boys’ group pointed out that collectively, they invest as much as $45 million towards the development of their respective schools’ athletes.”Our three schools together are a huge part of the following for Champs. It is no coincidence that KC, Calabar and JC, between them, have won over 90 per cent of the Champs,” Dr Dallas added.Greenland noted that their schools helped to make Champs what it is.”The day would never come when we would withdraw from Champs because we cherish the thing, but there really wouldn’t be a Champs without one of these schools,” he said.Meanwhile, Dr Small said subsequent to the group’s meeting with The Gleaner, he had got approval from his board to meet with them.He also added that the window for Champs tickets is opened at the end of football season. Requests are taken via email.He said the demand was overwhelming, and pointed out that the grandstand seats only 5,000 persons.”After we give our sponsors and special guests, all we have are 2,000 tickets to sell. Unless they expand the stadium, we will not be able (to accommodate more) and, therefore, we encourage people to come and use the bleachers. That is where I stay. Come and share time with the president in the bleachers,” Dr Small said.
Dear Editor,I crave a space in your widely spread paper to voice my opinion on the current political dilemma as it relates to the disrespect shown for our Constitution by Brigadier Granger.The President is first and foremost a soldier, trained in the dogma that deception is the foundation for strategy and tactics which simply means by any means necessary; this is the guiding motive by Brigadier Granger and his sidekick Colonel Joseph Harmon.Long before December 21, 2018, does not continue onwards to date.There is no sentiment attached to this dogma since it is rigid in its concept and any action taken by him is solely to frustrate the Opposition’s opportunity to start protests and give him the opportunity as Commander in Chief to call out his well-placed ex-officers in the ten regions to suppress civil liberties and instil fear in the country.One only has to read between the lines of the recent Ramjattan statement in the media to grasp the content of this conspiracy as it relates to the force to be used, underscored by the unbalanced expansion and recruitment of members over the last four years to reinforce and strengthen his kit and kin ideology. However, the nation is wiser now and all outreaches, gifts, and great promises are nothing but smokescreens.David Arthur Granger, Brigadier and Commander in Chief Officer and a gentleman who swore to uphold the Constitution and the rule of law has now proven by his actions over the last four years to be anything other than honourable with Major Lowenfield of GECOM complicit.Respectfully,Thomas De Santos
Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
A Queenstown, Georgetown man who was on Friday charged for chasing his sibling while being armed with a cutlass, landed himself on remand when he appeared before Senior Magistrate Leron Daly at the Georgetown Magistrates’ Court.Delon Derushe denied that on September 27, at Queenstown, Georgetown, he made use of threatening language towards Rayon Goddett, his brother.Police Prosecutor Christopher Morris told the court that On September 27, the Virtual Complainant, who is a serving member of the Guyana Police Force (GPF), arrived at his residence where his 29-year-old started to use abusive language towards him.The court further heard, that after the VC ignored Derushe, he armed himself with a cutlass and knife and started to chase Goddett around the yard, whilst threatening to take his life.A report was made at the Alberttown Police station and Derushe was later arrested and charged for the offence.The prosecutor objected to bail being on the grounds of the serious nature of the allegation and the penalty the charge attracts. Prosecutor Morris further noted that Derushe was previously charged for threatening to kill his mother.The magistrate, after listening to the facts, remanded Derushe to prison. The case will continue on October 11.
Arrange a meeting today with the financial experts at CONSULTAS and lean on their expertise and knowledge to make sure you make the RIGHT financial decisions for your business.Does your business require access to credit, can you raise finance on your existing assets?Whatever your question may be, the hardworking, innovative and dynamic team at CONSULTAS will help you get the financial answers you need. CONSULTAS is an independent financial services company that specialises in raising finance for new and existing business.Access to short term working capital remains a concern for business in Ireland today.In many cases businesses hold valuable assets or equipment that can be utilised to raise funds.CONSULTAS can advise you on the best options in the market for your enterprise and prepare comprehensive applications for funding. Talk to Tom 0872834207 or Niall 0834274881 today to start a new era for your email@example.comConsultas Financial Services Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland RAISE FINANCE ON YOUR EXISTING ASSETS BY SPEAKING TO FINANCIAL EXPERTS AT CONSULTAS was last modified: April 15th, 2015 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:AdviceArrangeBusinessConsultasexpertsFeaturesFinancialmeetingnews
Zinedine Zidane has reportedly told friends that he expects to be offered the Manchester United manager’s job, should Jose Mourinho be sacked.There are already question marks surrounding Mourinho’s future at Old Trafford, just two games into the new Premier League season. 1 possible standings Boxing Day fixtures: All nine Premier League games live on talkSPORT The Frenchman left Real Madrid at the end of last season after winning three consecutive Champions League trophies.He has not taken a new job for the 2018/19 campaign and currently remains a free agent, though is understood to be eyeing up a Premier League move.Manchester United face an important match against Tottenham at Old Trafford on Monday night.Defeat could push the club in the direction of an early-season crisis from which Jose Mourinho may not recover. silverware REVEALED Man United joined by three other clubs in race for Erling Haaland How the Premier League table could change after the Boxing Day fixtures After a tumultuous summer and seemingly unproductive transfer window, United began the new season with a 2-1 win over Leicester, before succumbing to a shock 3-2 defeat at Brighton.And now, according to the Mail, United’s hierarchy recognise the need for a contingency plan in case of a third-season implosion from ‘The Special One’, with Zidane having told close friends that expects an approach. gameday cracker Man United transfer news live: Haaland ‘wants a change’, two players off in January Zidane never played in English football, but is seemingly looking to manage in the country Which teams do the best on Boxing Day in the Premier League era? Where Ancelotti ranks with every Premier League boss for trophies won REVEALED boost Latest Manchester United News deals RANKED Every current Premier League club’s best kit from the past decade England’s most successful clubs of the past decade, according to trophies won smart causal IN DEMAND Solskjaer gives Pogba fitness update and calls him world’s best all-round midfielder Top nine Premier League free transfers of the decade
UPDATED 11.30AM: A number of areas of Co Donegal are being affected today by flooding overnight – with an alert for possible flash floods later this evening due to forecast heavy showers.In the last hour Atlantic Drive in Downings has been closed due to floods.Earlier we reported flooding on the dual carriageway near Letterkenny but there are also reports of flooding and house evacuations in Falcarragh, Raphoe, Lifford and Bridgend. Ballindrait was badly hit in the flooding. Caravans in one park in Downings were also flooded.The situation in the south of the country is much more serious however.The body of an off-duty Garda which was swept away in floods near Blessington has been found.It is thought that 25-year-old Ciaran Jones – from Manor Kilbride in Co Wicklow – was swept away in a flood after attempting to divert traffic away from a dangerous bridge at about 7pm. The Garda Helicopter, Coast Guard and several mountain rescue teams were involved in the operation.Dublin is also facing massive disruption today – as a month’s rain fell in just six hours. Anyone travelling to the capital today is told to expect journey delays.One donegaldaily reader told us it took her almost five hours to drive from Dublin to Donegal last night.The rain is due to subside later giving clear spells before the rain is set to arrive again.Donegal has been hit with up to 80mm of rain since Saturday and although the rain has subsided in many areas – there are forecasts for heavy showers later today. The caravan park in Downings was flooded with rain water last night (pictured above by Frank Casey).Below is a flooded cafe in Lifford.Follow us on www.twitter.com/donegaldailyFollow us on www.facebook.com/donegaldaily Sell anything on www.donegaldailyclassifieds.comUPDATED: NEW FLOOD ALERTS AS HEAVY SHOWERS FORECAST was last modified: October 25th, 2011 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:donegal weatherDowningsflood alerts donegalheavy showersletterkennyLiffordrainroads closed
DONEGAL TD Pearse Doherty has expressed his shock at the closure of the Mace Shop in Ballyshannon with the loss of 30 jobs.Speaking after Donegal Daily revealed the closure Pearse Doherty said: “I am shocked and concerned to hear that the Mace shop in Ballyshannon, which employs 30 people in the town, appears to have closed. The news will come as a major blow to the community and to the local economy.“Over the past 15 years, we have witnessed an exodus of business from the town as various small and medium sized enterprises including a factory have ceased trading. “I am aware that the “Backing Ballyshannon”, a grassroots campaign, was founded in recent years by local people and has been working tirelessly to rejuvenate the area. This news will be absolutely devastating for them.“It is clear that additional supports must be given to the retail sector and to small and medium enterprises as a matter of priority in order to allow them to continue their business and provide employment in their communities.“Without an economic strategy from the Government which aims to stimulate and grow the economy, small businesses such as this one will continue to close and towns such as Ballyshannon will remain unemployment “Black Spots” despite the best efforts of their communities.“I am calling on the Minister of State for Small Businesses to immediately put together a strategy to support our retailers and small enterprises. One of the first things that could be done is to cease the practice of upward only rent reviews, which is crippling our retail sector nationally.” TD EXPRESSES ‘SHOCK’ AT BALLYSHANNON JOB LOSSES was last modified: April 30th, 2013 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:TD EXPRESSES ‘SHOCK’ AT BALLYSHANNON JOB LOSSES
BSP sees higher prices in November, but expects stronger peso, low rice costs to put up fight E.T. returns to earth, reunites with grown-up Elliott in new ad CEBU – Talk about going for the kill.Pradera Verde, even with its biggest gun resting, cracked par for the second straight day on Wednesday and is now on the verge of slaughtering the PAL Ladies Interclub Championship division field over a Cebu Country Club layout here that has been at the mercy of Lubao-based squad’s young roster.ADVERTISEMENT MOST READ Kammuri turning to super typhoon less likely but possible — Pagasa LATEST STORIES Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC NU fights off UST, improves to 2-1 Frontrow holds fun run to raise funds for young cancer patients Nonong Araneta re-elected as PFF president Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles01:10PNP-HPG to field 695 personnel to secure ‘Undas’05:18After the Typhoon Part 201:37Protesters burn down Iran consulate in Najaf01:47Panelo casts doubts on Robredo’s drug war ‘discoveries’01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games Saso, the 16-year-old former Philippine Team mainstay, birdied all the four par-5s in the opening round as she maximized her length off the tees to conquer the 5,100-yard layout.The Filipino-Japanese will also be looking to put the individual championship in the bag, and she would most likely have to do it at the expense of teammate Effendi and Constantino.Constantino came out for the second straight day and has a total of 109 points, one-under for two days.Meanwhile, Rita Horan fired 49, Christine Popp shot 42 and Jocelyn Garcia 39 as Alabang wrested the Founder’s Division lead with a second day 129 for 255, two points ahead of Manila Southwoods-Legends. Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Read Next Fire hits houses in Mandaluyong City Indonesian Michela Effendi fired a three-under-par 69 worth 57 points, Harmie Constantino chipped in with 56 and Kristine Torralba accounted for 53 as Pradera pooled a second round 166 for 331, the highest ever two-round score recorded in the event’s 12-year history.READ: Newcomer Pradera leaves PAL field gaspingFEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutBreaking par for the second straight day has also never happened before, and taking the brunt of that was reigning six-time champion Manila Southwoods-Masters, which could only come up with 153 to be 34 points behind.And unless Pradera fails to come to the venue to play the third and fourth rounds, it’s all over but the shouting as the rookie squad announced its coming in style and will dethrone SW-Masters in the most convincing way in the next two days. LOOK: Loisa Andalio, Ronnie Alonte unwind in Amanpulo for 3rd anniversary View comments Cebu CC fired 133 points for 273, 24 points behind SW-Masters.Bernice Ilas shot 53 points, Mika Fortuna contributed 52 and Sofia Chabon never got going and accounted for just 48 as SW-Masters sputtered for the second straight round.Coach Norman Sto. Domingo, despite the big lead, is not about to take it easy as he bared that he will have the talented Yuka Saso leading his third round crew to do the mop-up job this early.Saso played in the first round on Tuesday and fired 59 points. She will lead a team that will debut 13-year-old Annika Pineda-Cayabyab.“We will go all out and try and extend our lead,” Domingo said after watching his last player hole out on the difficult 18th hole of the age-old layout. “We would want to get this done early so that the players can relax on Friday (in the final round).”ADVERTISEMENT