The cargo operation at the airline has unveiled new capabilities as it prepares to participate in the logistical complexities of distributing Covid-19 vaccines around the world. – Advertisement –
Jan 12, 2005 (CIDRAP News) – The federal government today announced the release of $100 million appropriated by Congress recently to help states prepare for a potential influenza pandemic.The money is the first installment of $350 million included in the $3.8 billion emergency appropriation for pandemic preparedness that Congress passed in late December, said Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Mike Leavitt.Leavitt has been stressing the message that state and local governments must take the lead in dealing with a pandemic at ground level, and he did so again in announcing the funding. “Pandemics happen globally but must be managed at the state and local level, and these funds will help communities meet that responsibility,” he said in a news release.The $100 million will be divided among the 50 states, the District of Columbia, New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles County, and the seven US territories. Each state will get $500,000 plus an additional amount based on population.The state shares range from $622,102 for Wyoming to about $6.7 million for California, according to the HHS release.”The remaining $250 million from the appropriation will be awarded later this year in accord with guidance that will require progress and performance,” HHS said.The agency said states and cities will use the money to step up their planning and to conduct drills to test the plans. “The focus is on practical, community-based procedures that could prevent or delay the spread of pandemic influenza, and help to reduce the burden of illness communities would contend with during an outbreak,” the statement said.Leavitt made the announcement today at pandemic planning “summit” meetings in Vermont and West Virginia. The meetings are part of a series of forums that are expected to be held in every state over the next few months.The recent appropriation came in response to President Bush’s request on Nov 1 for $7.1 billion for pandemic preparedness. That included $100 million for state and local preparedness, an amount that some public health organizations criticized as too small.The pandemic planning money is in addition to federal funds to help state and local governments prepare for bioterrorism and other public health emergencies. For fiscal year 2006, Congress recently appropriated about $824 million for that purpose, according to the “CSTE Washington Report” of the Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists.See also:Jan 12 HHS news releaseDec 28, 2005, CIDRAP News story “Pandemic funding, liability shield clear Congress”
Current issues, doubts and challenges faced by travel agencies, as well as the entire tourism sector were discussed. UHPA welcomed all the measures adopted so far to help the economy, as they largely reflected UHPA’s proposals to the Ministry of Tourism and the Government of the Republic of Croatia. Tomislav Fain, UHPA “It is known that the agencies have been hit hard by the coronavirus crisis and, like all tourism, need help. Cumulatively, since the beginning of the crisis caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, travel agencies have experienced a drop in traffic of more than 90%, which is certainly alarming and requires further assistance from the Government of the Republic of Croatia. We hope that the Government will continue with the measures until the spring of 2021, when we are still expecting improvements. “, pointed out Tomislav Fain, President of UHPA. On Thursday, June 18, 2020, the 42nd Assembly of the UHPA Professional Association and the 37th Assembly of the UHPA Association of Employers were held at the Westin Hotel in Zagreb. Despite everything, travel agencies as well as the entire industry with their current activities lay the foundations for the 2021 tourist season, which will be a real indicator of whether, and to what extent, we have recovered from the consequences of these current events. More than 90 participants, representatives of travel agencies that are members of UHPA, the Ministry of Tourism, the Croatian Tourist Board, and the Croatian Chamber of Commerce responded to the joint meeting and gathering of tourism workers. In order to succeed in this, the extension of the measure for the preservation of jobs as well as the postponement of the payment of other public benefits is of key importance for the maintenance of liquidity and the survival of agencies. “We welcome the opening of borders and the efforts being made to place the tourist image of Croatia as a safe destination throughout Europe, but care should certainly be taken to enable domestic travel agencies to re-establish business and comply with epidemiological recommendations. have airlines and foreign tour operators. “, concludes Fain.
Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.
Read More Comment Coming Next PLAY Read More Skip Metro Sport ReporterFriday 15 Feb 2019 7:34 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link653Shares struggling Manchester United captain Harry… Mesut Ozil sends cryptic message to Arsenal fans after being dropped by Unai Emery Read More SPONSORED About Connatix V67539 Read More Full Screen by Metro Mesut Ozil missed his 100th game for Arsenal on Thursday (Picture: Getty)Arsenal outcast Mesut Ozil sent a cryptic message to supporters after being dropped again by Unai Emery.The German was left out of Arsenal’s squad for their 1-0 defeat to BATE Borisov on Thursday.It was the 100th game Ozil has missed for the club in his five-and-a-half-years in north London, meaning he’s been unavailable for around a one-third of the time.Emery downplayed Ozil’s absence but he’s featured just twice since Boxing Day and the playmaker has sent a cryptic message on his official Instagram page about his absence.ADVERTISEMENT Top articles ‘When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong,’ wrote Ozil.AdvertisementAdvertisementThe quote, which was borrowed from Arsenal legend Dennis Bergkamp, suggests Ozil wants to stay with the Gunners to work through his difficulties at the club.However, Emery has made it clear that he’s willing to sell Ozil and getting his £350,000-a-week salary off the books is crucial for the Spaniard to reinvest in other areas of the squad.Arsenal are next in action on Thursday when they take on BATE in the second leg of their last-32 Europa League tie and it’s unclear, even with Alexandre Lacazette now unavailable, whether Ozil will feature.MORE: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has restored ‘fear factor’ Manchester United lost under Jose Mourinho Video Settings Read More 1 min. story / Rio Ferdinand tells Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Visit Advertiser website GO TO PAGE 1/1 Advertisement Skip Ad Advertisement
Unai Emery adamant he retains support of Arsenal board after Southampton draw Advertisement Metro Sport ReporterSaturday 23 Nov 2019 11:00 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link204Shares Ward-Prowse put Southampton ahead (Picture: Getty)‘They are supporting me everyday,’ said Emery after the 2-2 draw.AdvertisementAdvertisement“I know we can do better and I’m going to try to do that.’More: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing ArsenalLarge swathes of the Arsenal support now want Emery to be sacked and there were shouts of ‘Emery out’ at the full-time whistle to accompany the boos.The Spaniard admits he understands supporters’ frustrations but says it’s important to stick together.‘I understand the supporters are angry and frustrated,’ said Emery.‘The players are feeling the same and my job is to find out how to improve and the key is to be with the supporters. Our target was to win but also to play well and we didn’t do that.’MORE: Unai Emery claims Arsenal played their best football of the season vs Southampton Arsenal have won just one of their last seven league matches (Picture: Getty)Arsenal boss Unai Emery insists he has the full backing of the club’s heirachy.The Gunners required an injury time goal from Alexandre Lacazette to gain a point from 19th placed Southampton at the Emirates on Saturday.The draw means Arsenal have won just one of their last seven matches in the league and the Spaniard faced a chorus of boos from the home faithful as his side left the field.Arsenal’s head of football, Raul Sanllehi, gave his backing to Emery over the international break and the former PSG boss insists he has the board’s full support.ADVERTISEMENT Advertisement Comment
February 14, 2019 Police Blotter021419 Decatur County Fire Report021419 Decatur County EMS Report021419 Decatur County Jail Report021419 Decatur County Law Report021419 Batesville Police Blotter
The Norfolk club want to add the 23-year-old Republic of Ireland wing-back to their squad after winning promotion back to the Barclays Premier League in the Sky Bet Championship play-off final at Wembley. Bruce, though, is not about to let the Canaries land one of Hull’s key men on the cheap, despite their own relegation from the top flight. Press Association “Norwich have come in with bids for Robbie Brady, but I have to say they have been embarrassing,” Bruce said in the Hull Daily Mail. “The supporters should know the truth and Norwich came in two weeks ago with a bid of £2m, £2.5m and then £3m. “That’s ridiculous for someone who is 23, has played two years in the Premier League and has become a regular international. “When we have just got almost twice that for Tom Ince (who joined Derby for £5m). It doesn’t make sense. We paid £2.75m for Robbie and that was three years ago. “This can unsettle players, do this, that or the other, and it is all part of the game, b ut Robbie Brady will not be going for anywhere near that. “If it happens, it happens, but Norwich are nowhere near the figures we would even think about accepting at the moment.” Norwich have so far added only midfielders Youssouf Mulumbu and Graham Dorrans, whose loan move was made permanent, to their squad for next season. Club-record signing Ricky van Wolfswinkel could also be back in contention after reports in Portugal suggested a proposed move back to former club Sporting Lisbon fell through for the Holland forward, who spent last season on loan at St Etienne. Norwich’s attempts to sign Robbie Brady in a cut-price deal have been labelled “embarrassing” by Hull manager Steve Bruce.